Sunday, November 11, 2007

I'm sitting by the window,
Waiting for the rain,
The tears are coming faster,
I'm choking on the pain,
The hate and lies that I've built up,
All come pouring down,
My discontent and envy,
Earns a disapproving frown,
I'm drowning in my heartache,
I'm choking on my tears,
I can't help but wishing,
I could feel you near,
You and me, forever to be,
You're always my best friend,
Unitl the day that you met him,
The beginning of the end,
They say that people come and go,
I never thought you would,
Other people came and went,
I never thought you could,
The day you left my heart broke,
You never saw my tears,
Now I'm left completely alone,
To deal with my fears.
Best friends should be forever,
What happened to us then?
I thought we'd be together,
Until the bitter end.
Now I wait in silence,
The tears have all run dry,
I will always remember,
How you left me for that guy.


Dedicated to my Enano, who is one of the few people in my world who is truely able to relate to this poem, with lots of love and thank you's for letting me sit on his bed and cry every Sunday and for never ever failing to make me feel better.

All my love,
Erin

1 comment:

Hannah said...

dear erin.
sometimes life changes in ways that seems crappy. but maybe its not so bad. well, it is crappy. but maybe some good will come out of it, yes? cuz thats what life does, it just changes. but everytime, if you look hard, something good will come out of it. in the meanwhile, we will have a night with our two favorite men. ben and jerry. :)
i love you a lot.