Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thoughts from my head...

This is part of a letter I sent my youth director.... think about it.


So lately some of the problems have been thrown into light and impacted my life greatly.. and it's gotten me thinking about church. When things go wrong people tend to blame anything and everything but themselves, they use every little thing as an excuse not to go to church and every little bad thing that happens goes as a mark against God. It seems that in today's society that there is no room for spiritual belief, people want proof and cold hard facts. I've recently decided that the proof lies within yourself. That every beautiful thing, both good and bad, is proof that God exists and loves you if you choose to see it that way. God's love lies within all of us, we just have to make the choice to accept it. But whether or not someone chooses to accept it, and how one chooses to accept it doesn't deflect God's love from shining upone someone. Everyone has the potential to do great things, we just need to use our strengths, and the power of prayer is one thing we can count on.


So no matter if you're Baptist/Christian like Morgan-love, Catholic like Enano-bunny, Besto, and Randalynn, Lutheran like me, trying to discover what you believe like Britta and Lurpey, Agnostic like Egil, or Mormon like almost everyone else I know, we're all worshiping something out there, some sort of higher power. Have faith, no matter what happens, because it's when you lose faith that everything loses clarity.

All my love,
Erin-a-Jo aka Michelle Pickleface

2 comments:

Britta Nystul said...

Amazing. Your insights make me happy.

I'm completely sure that you are in my life for a reason, and I feel blessed to have you here. :)

Hannah said...

i quite agree. I don't know how people can look around, and not believe in god? one of my favorite quotes ever is, "Optimism is a virtue which allows us to see God's loving hand in every detail of life." I will definitely say that I love god.