Monday, January 1, 2007

New Years

So I'm not exactly sure what to think, but I do know that this New Years Eve isn't one I'm likely to forget. Guitar Hero for hours, trying new foods, getting calls at 11:45 and finding one incredibly wasted 16 year old who needed to be taken care of, stupid Tom calling at at exactly the wrong moment, and dealing with a very hung over teenager in the morning. Thank you for being there for me, and helping me be there for her. I couldn't have done it without you.

Remember:

Remember how glad I was that you wouldn't leave me in the entry way with him?

Remember how much Mountain Dew we drank?

Remember how we ran all the way to Sarah's in the snow but sprinted back just so we were in time to see them perform?

Remember how we got through the line and arrived at the stage right as they walked on, we thought it was fate?

Remeber when we would make her have all the sucky roles in our skits because she was always late?

Remember "What an idiot."?

Remember the Litter Box Incident?

Remember Astro Girl, Astro Beast, and Astro Ass?

Remember "Where was Pirates of the Carribean filmed?"

Remeber learning Dirty Little Secret?

Remember Grant?

Remember Miss America/ Wonder Woman?

Remember going to see Nanny McPhie and swearing never to tell anyone?

Remember all the goldfish the first time we hung out?

Remember when I wrote you a Hogwarts letter?

Remember reading until 3 am?

Remember forgetting her and having to go back and get her?

Remember the 'self - inviter'?

Remember writing Horoscopes?

Remember the apple in her class?

Remember when I got my first kiss?

Remember living in a box on emo lane?

Remember meeting Trent?

Remember going to the playground and trying to get him to ask her out?

Remember when he found her phone in the rocks and she told him she loved him making him jealous?

Remember when we told her your grandma died and she couldnt come to the funeral because she wasn't there when she died?

Remember how covering the phone with my thumb didnt work?

Remember I secretly....and then I not so secretly when we ran out of things to say?

Remember Astro Girl Revisited?

Remember when you told me your secret and I made you promise never ever again?

Remember going to get Jones at all hours of the night?

Remember how I always got Gatorade?

Remember when he did the My Humps dance and when we met Dr. Greene?

Remember how he scared me when he grabbed my ankle from under the car?

Remember when we were almost a thing?

Remember how many tears I shed for him?

Remember how he lied to me to make me hate him?

Remember how I wanted to hate him but never could?

Remember "screw the boys!" and "uhhhhh no thanks"?

Remember the For Sale sign?

Remember cat calling to him and stopping in front of his neighbors?

Remember when they all liked her?

Remember Little Vid Vid?

Remember the 4th of July stories I told?

Remember how I got Boom?

Remember the smile I got when you said his name?

Remember hiking Timp and having him hate us?

Remember when I confronted you about liking him?

Remember when we figured out he liked me?

Remember everything at the park?

Remember watching Saw with him?

Remember our first kiss?

Remember Music Man drama?

Remember when I didnt want to join swim team?

Remember when I bought him a crown and sash and made him wear it on his Birthday?

Remember when I didn't like her?

Remember when we watched CSI for 6 hours?

Remember cup o noodles, cake, and baking brownies?

Remember my blue sparkly dream dress?

Remember the pink mini?

Remember when I tripped while turning off the lights?

Remember how she used to hit on me just to see what I would do?

Remember how sad I was when you went to California?

Remember playing the cup game a million times?

Remember how we made amazing friends and lost some old ones?

Remember who we were?

Remember.

Loves,
En

P.S. Everyone did one so I wanted to too.

3 comments:

Britta Nystul said...

Awww. You make me cry.
Yes, I do remember. And I promise to never, ever forget.
Love,
BMN

P.S. Happy New Years! Ha ha... wow.

Roberto Lerma said...

you know what's sad? i only remember one thing. that is a sign we need to hang out more Erin.

Love,
Berto

Hannah said...

you know. i think i know about a few of those. but not enough. so this year we will be in more of each other's memories? bueno?
mucho love.
Hannah